About Me

I'm a full-time working mom of 3 in the IT industry, with a great husband. When not spending time with the family, I like to spend my time in the kitchen. I like to cook. I love to eat. I adore entertaining people. I prefer not to go by any particular recipe, but experiment on my own. I'm not professionally trained in any way and I don't claim to be correct on anything I might post. Meals are often tossed together at the last minute. Sometimes I think about them during the day, sometimes I browse my cook book library and compare ingredients of great chefs before me. Sometimes I scour the internet, and sometimes they are literally pulled from the freezer and tossed into a pan.

I also used to dabble in cake decorating. {shameless plug: Cakes By Jenn Facebook}

These are those stories. I play with my food.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Radiator

The radiator in your car is designed to cool down your engine. If you have ever changed the coolant fluid, it's eclectic green. Today's recipe is to keep you cool during this heat wave.

I've been playing with the recipe for a while now and tonight's final tweak that turned it green made it just perfect!

So I present to you my drink of the summer: The Radiator

1 oz Barbados Rum
1 oz Captain Silver Spiced Rum
1 splash blue curaƧao
Pour this right into the glass over 3 pieces of ice
Pour over to rim, pineapple juice
Stick in a straw
Enjoy!!

Now, my husband will argue that it's the "wrong color green.". But is that really the point? It's green, it's fun, it's rum... It's a strong drink. Does it really matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment